The Western Digital My Passport Wireless SSD is a sturdy external hard drive for carrying your data around with you. Use external storage devices with Mac. External hard drives, thumb drives, USB drives, Flash memory cards, and devices like iPod are examples of storage devices that you can connect to your Mac using Thunderbolt, USB, or FireWire cables, or connect wirelessly using Bluetooth. Storage devices (such as external hard drives) can also be available on your network. Editorial archives the hindu.
How to Setup My Passport Wireless Pro 1TB External Hard Drive Wireless With Windows?
Wireless External Hard Drive For Mac
- This Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB hard drive is everything you could need and offers an incredible performance. On average, you can expect to receive 2MB sequential speeds using the Seagate wireless hard drive. It measures 115.50MB/s for reading and 114/42MB/s for writing, while its previous version, Seagate GoFlex, has a much worse overall performance.
- If you really want a super-fast external hard drive for your Mac, then the Samsung T3 SSD is easily one of the best. As it uses a solid state drive, the read and write speeds of this drive are much.
Wireless Backup External Hard Drive Mac
- Charge the hard drive before proceeding with the WD My Passport Wireless Pro 1TB setup.
- Push the Power button on the hard drive to power it up.
- Connect the hard drive to your Windows device using a USB cable.
- Now, on your Windows device, launch the This PC window and navigate to the Devices and drives section.
- The My Passport tab will be displayed. Click it to view the contents.
- To use the hard drive in the wireless mode, unplug the USB cable from the drive and your Windows device.
- Enable Wi-Fi on the hard drive. Make sure the hard drive is broadcasting wireless network. This can be confirmed by the blinking Wi-Fi LED.
- Click the network icon and select My Passport from the list of networks displayed.
- Wait while the connection is being established.
- Now, navigate to the Explorer tab and click the Network tab. Go to the Computer section and select My Passport.
- Check if you are able to view and access the contents on the drive.
- Now, launch a web browser on your Windows device, type ‘mypassport’ in the address bar, and tap the Enter tab on your keyboard.
- You can configure the settings on the admin page.